Thursday, January 8, 2009

White Chemise

So, this project was my first attempt at sewing anything in the regency era. It was a good learning experience, but it was before I really understood the silhouette of the era. It was also when my sewing skills were just starting to really form, so there are many, many things wrong with this piece. However, it was fun to do and still works ok as a petticoat or a chemise...at least until I get around to making a better one.

To make this
piece, I used Simplicity 4055, with the view A bodice without the sleeves and the view B skirt without the train. Since I made this before my short stays, it fits a little oddly over them. For fun, I added lace to the neckline, but unfortunately its sort of scratchy and uncomfortable on.
O well!







No comments:

Post a Comment