Monday, January 12, 2009

Green Cotton Dress

So, after finally making some stays, I decided that it was time to try out a regency gown. I chose this light green cotton fabric to make this dress. It ended up being nice and easy to work with, if not a little stiff looking in the end.

I used the same simplicity pattern 4055 for this dress as I did for my white chemise/petticoat, this time with the long sleeves and no train. I was in a rush to finish it and see how it looked, so it got sort of thrown together. Intended to be wearable but mostly a mock-up, it ended up OK but I doubt I would ever consider wearing it anywhere. It was fun though!

As this dress stands now, its still un-hemmed at the bottom and completely lacking in any detailing. I'm not sure I will ever get around to finishing it, although I may get the urge one day to at least hem the bottom of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment