Friday, January 9, 2009

Usefull Books

After checking out what Jessamyn's site recommended as far as pattern books for the regency era, I decided to make use of that resource I so often overlook: the Library. I love books and read to excess, but I always forget about the library! Anywho, so I put an order in for two great books (the only two they could get for me from the list), and they just came in yesterday. I was up until all hours of the night reading them and they really are great. The books I got in are "The Cut of Women's Clothes: 1600-1930" by Norah Waugh and "Period Costume for Stage and Screen: Patterns for Women's Dress 1800-1909" by Jean Hunnisett.

I am hoping to attempt some of the pattens they show, especially an open robe and a drop front gown. Its going to be a trick scaling up the patterns, but I am determined to try.

For a great example of the drop-front gown I want to try, see Koshka-the-cat's version here. She did such a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment