Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rag Rug

In yet another spastic crafting moment, I decided that I wanted to try my own rag rug. I read about making them here and decided to go through my scrap bin and see if I could start my own. It worked up very fast and was super-simple, although I admit I was less than tedious about my braids. It was fun, colorful, and rather mindless and at the time that was my crafting-capacity. So, now all that's left is sewing it all together, which will take me a while. When its done, I think the plan is to put it in the kitchen. Fun fun! I might eventually make a more planned one, where I might get a few yards of maybe three different fabrics and make strips of that to braid.

Here is a close up of some of the sewing on the back...messy messy, but really, its gonna be walked all over so I'm not too concerned...


No comments:

Post a Comment