Saturday, April 4, 2009

In another crafting interlude...

In yet another crafting interlude, I decided to try making some coasters. These little things work up nice and fast and have really infinite possible variations. I see different ones all over the place online and in crafting books, but I love the ones in Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts so I will cite that source, although to be honest my roommate tried out some first and really got me thinking about making my own. I'm sure there will be more posts to come on other projects from that book that I end up trying. I really want to make a pencil roll and a pin cushion, but more on that later...

For these first sad attempts at coasters, I used scrap cotton fabric that I had in my stash. For the stuffing, I used pieces of felt that I got from a local thrift store. I think I have about two yards of the stuff and again for only about $3!

Enjoy some individual and close up shots of the ones I have tried so far. I like the blue ones and the yellow (although it needs better crafting), but I think the green one was a bust.





No comments:

Post a Comment